Toggle Contrast

Raise a Concern

Concerns about an adult

Man sitting in the floor head on kneesIf you are concerned about an adult, please use the following contact details for Health and Social Care Connect. However, if it is an emergency, stay safe and call 999.

You can also contact the police on 101 for non-emergency situations.

Our document Guidance on Raising Concerns about Abuse and Neglect contains information on signs and indicators of abuse and neglect and what should be reported as a safeguarding concern.

Health and Social Care Connect

(8am to 8pm 7 days a week including Bank Holidays)

  • Phone: 0345 60 80 191
  • Mobile SMS Text: 07797 878 111
  • Typetalk: 18001 0345 60 80 191
  • Email: Health and Social Care Connect
  • Professionals and members of the public can also use an online form accessed via the East Sussex County Council website.

Adults – Out of hours (emergency) support

When the Health & Social Care Connect office is closed, for an emergency concerning an adult who urgently needs help, please call 0345 60 80 191 and select menu option 2 to connect to our Out of Hours Emergency Service.

Mon – Thurs 5pm – 8.30am and Fri 4.30pm to 8.30am, Weekends and Public holidays: 24 hours.

Concerns about a child

Sad boy sitting on chair

Professionals should raise concerns via the Children’s Portal. However if a child is at risk of immediate harm, or has sustained an injury, please call SPOA directly on 01323 464222 (Mon – Thurs 8.30am-5pm, Fri 8.30am-4.30pm) before completing your referral.

If it is an emergency situation (e.g. a child is in danger or has been left alone) please contact the Police on 999.